Thursday, September 1, 2011

Welcome! My Story

The Fit Mommy Blog has been created for the daily requests I receive from people who want to get back into shape.  You don't have to be a mommy, but often I hear the comment, "Well, i had children, so I will never be able to get back to great shape."  This isn't true!!  With hard word and dedication and changing THAT attitude the world is at your fingertips. 

I grew up very active.  I grew up not paying attention to what i ate.  I was a young bride and a year later become a young mom.  I suddenly went from my active lifestyle to hardly moving at all.  I used the excuses "I can't exercise, I'm pregnant!" and "I'm eating for two."  I quickly began to gain weight.  My 4'10 frame quickly begin to expand.  I had this idea that once I had my first child that all the extra pounds would quickly AND magically disappear.  Needless to say, it did not do either.  I suddenly realized there was a problem.  I realized the problem was with ME and the way I was thinking.  I suddenly was making myself the victim, it was everybody and everything else that was causing the extra pounds.  I have always been a very happy person, however the increase in pant sizes was not giving my morale a boost, and I became very unpleasant to be around.  I finally hit breaking point... in the course of one month I had 4 people (two of which who were strangers) ask me if I was pregnant or when my baby was due....(my child was 2yrs at the time and I was NOT expecting).  I was broken, I had to take my life back for MYSELF and MY FAMILY. 

A HAPPY MOMMY IS A HAPPY FAMILY

It took TIME.  It took SACRIFICE.  It took a BURNING DESIRE WITH A CHANGE IN ATTITUDE..... and it took SUPPORT FROM FRIENDS!

I'd like share my journey and what has worked for me with personal experiences and stories along the way.

 




Before and Startng Stats                                                                  Stats Today
155 lbs                                                                                            105 lbs
12/14 Dress/Pant Size                                                                      0/2(women) or 12/14(girls) Dress/Pant
35% Body Fat                                                                                 12% Body Fat


I DID IT.... YOU CAN TOO!!