Friday, September 9, 2011

If at first you don't succeed... TRY, TRY, AGAIN!!!

I've had the opportunity to help others along this journey.  AND I LOVE IT!!! When I began to transform, the big question was... HOW DID YOU DO THAT????  I was a walking-talking infomercial.  The before and after was noticeable, and others wanted to know my secret and feel the success and happiness that seemed to come from the effects of the journey.  In the last month I have picked up a few more people who want to change their life and make THIS BODY TRANSFORMATION A REALITY.  My next door neighbor is shrinking before my eyes.  In the last 2 1/2 weeks he has dropped 11 lbs. by sticking to his guns, and making the conscious decisions of food before he puts it in his mouth and making the time to exercise.

"In the last few months, I found myself downing energy drinks around 3pm just so I could get through the rest of my day.  Now, I have so much more energy!" 

For him, it all started with the decision to run a 5k, we had a talk in our cul-de-sac, and the next day HE BEGAN HIS JOURNEY.

Another person I'm working with has lost 12 inches in less than a month by switcing to Level 1 eating and following the exercise plan I gave her for 30minutes a day. 

"I feel great and I can tell I'm getting STRONGER!"

We will all hit walls and breaking points.  Our lives are not lined with golden bricks and smooth sailing paths.  We have busy lives, most of us do not have personal chefs, and due to unforeseen circumstances we may find ourselves stuck.  WE PREPARE TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY, BUT LEARN TO ADAPT AND RE-ADJUST WHEN NECESSARY.  Let's say you decide to eat a french fry, the next thing you know, you have eaten the whole box.... NOW WHAT?!?!  If you have been so careful for "x" amount of days you may suddenly feel like you have just let down your best friend.  I have been there, I have done it...  But here, in fact, is where the true test begins.  This is when the time comes where you realize what has happened.  It's important you think about how it ended up that you got to that point.  Evaluate why you made that decision.  You REDEDICATE yourself and IMMEDIATELY pick up where you left off!  Don't wait for the next morning,  Don't wait for the weekend to be over and for Monday to come... AND DON'T WAIT UNTIL IT'S THE FIRST OF THE MONTH AGAIN!!  This is NOT monopoly:  DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200.  You can not beat yourself up when you have tried so hard....HOWEVER- it is crucial that you realize why that just happened and what you can do to make sure you can help avoid it happening again. 

When on Level 1 if you may find yourself stuck, where the options are slim to none.  This doesn't mean you have been given a free pass for good behavior.  You need to look at the options around you and pick those things that are the best of what you have.  DO NOT TRY AND GO HUNGRY.  Pick what will hold you over and control your portion size.  Make a mental note to try and avoid those situations that may sabotage all of your hard work.

This road is definatlely the one less traveled.... But the day will come with the hard work, when someone will turn around and say to you:

"UH--HOW DID YOU DO THAT????"



*Don't Let These Moments Drive You To Make Bad Food Decisions. 
Find JOY in the Journey!